[Development] [5.7-beta] compile error with xcode-6.4

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 3 18:48:12 CEST 2016

Em terça-feira, 3 de maio de 2016, às 16:33:46 PDT, Tim Blechmann escreveu:
> compiling the 5.7-beta tarball with xcode-6.4 fails with:
> > r.h:759:21: error: destination for this 'memmove' call is a pointer to
> > class containing a dynamic class>
> >       'QPixmap'; vtable pointer will be overwritten
> >       [-Werror,-Wdynamic-class-memaccess]>
> >             memmove(abegin, aend, (d->size - itemsToErase -
> >             itemsUntouched) * sizeof(T)); ~~~~~~~ ^

> has support for xcode-6.4 been dropped?

Not officially. You should always use the latest XCode, no matter what, though.

> https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.7_Tools_and_Versions still lists OSX 10.9 with
> xcode-6.1.1

Indeed, but we're changing policies. Users are expected to use the latest and
greatest OS X and XCode, since they're now free for upgrading. I'm not sure
whether this applies to 5.7 or not.

Still, note that this is not an error. It's a warning turned to error because
of the -Werror, which means that you used -developer-build. In that case,
please send a patch. :-)