[Development] -developer-build (was: [5.7-beta] compile error with xcode-6.4

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 3 19:08:09 CEST 2016

Em terça-feira, 3 de maio de 2016, às 19:01:30 PDT, Harri Porten escreveu:
> I've seen my Qt users use -developer-build because
>
>    http://wiki.qt.io/Building_Qt_5_from_Git
>
> proposes it and the impact not clear to everyone. Qt users naturally
> consider themselves to be developers

I've seen people on IRC come with those errors and I've asked them to update
the wiki page they found the instructions in to remove the -developer-build
option. Either they've never done it or the option came back.

> The negative impact I have seen: the lack of a following "make install"
> leads to a different layout of the files on disk. Still, companies are
> sharing such builds within their team and develop their application
> against it.

That implies adding a -prefix option to configure.

> If noone minds I'll make the wording more precise.

Thanks, that would be most welcome.