[Development] [5.7-beta] compile error with xcode-6.4

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Wed May 4 05:27:51 CEST 2016

On May 3, 2016, at 9:48 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:

Em terça-feira, 3 de maio de 2016, às 16:33:46 PDT, Tim Blechmann escreveu:
compiling the 5.7-beta tarball with xcode-6.4 fails with:
r.h:759:21: error: destination for this 'memmove' call is a pointer to
class containing a dynamic class>
     'QPixmap'; vtable pointer will be overwritten
     [-Werror,-Wdynamic-class-memaccess]>
           memmove(abegin, aend, (d->size - itemsToErase -
           itemsUntouched) * sizeof(T)); ~~~~~~~ ^

has support for xcode-6.4 been dropped?

Not officially. You should always use the latest XCode, no matter what, though.

Not yet but it will be at some point.

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.7_Tools_and_Versions still lists OSX 10.9 with
xcode-6.1.1

Indeed, but we're changing policies. Users are expected to use the latest and
greatest OS X and XCode, since they're now free for upgrading. I'm not sure
whether this applies to 5.7 or not.

Not 5.7 yet. We haven't started ripping out any of the SDK conditions, and can't until https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/151146/ is merged, which is blocked by CI capability limitations at the moment.

/me pokes CI team again :)

Still, note that this is not an error. It's a warning turned to error because
of the -Werror, which means that you used -developer-build. In that case,
please send a patch. :-)

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com<http://intel.com>

Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at theqtcompany.com<mailto:jake.petroules at theqtcompany.com>
Consulting Services Engineer - The Qt Company
Qbs build system evangelist - qbs.io<http://qbs.io>