[Development] [5.7-beta] qtgamepad compile failure

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Fri May 6 12:29:40 CEST 2016

>>> I've just downloaded qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0-beta.tar.xz and
>>> confirmed that qtgamepad/include/QtGamepad/qtgamepadglobal.h is present
>>
>> ah, thanks for the pointer ... importing qt tarballs into git repos is
>> full of surprises: qtgamepad/.gitignore ignores 'include'
>>
>> my usual workflow is to import the qt-everywhere-enterprise-src*.tar
>> tarball into a git repo, as i need to apply 10-40 patches to work around
>> qt bugs. of course .gitignore or .gitmodules files don't exactly make
>> this a no-brainer :/
>
> If you are using git anyway why don't you directly clone from the
> git repos?

for practical reasons: qt is not one repo, but several glued together
with submodules, so i'd have to mirror all submodule repos separately
using the same structure as the upstream repos to make sure the 'url'
works. whenever a new submodule is added one has to explicitly mirror
it. also one will constantly run into merge conflicts in the main
repository, as the git revisions will differ.

if the qt repo were monolithic i'd be more than happy to use it
directly, but with submodules it calls for trouble :/