[Development] [5.7-beta] qtgamepad compile failure

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Fri May 6 12:55:47 CEST 2016

>>> I've just downloaded qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0-beta.tar.xz and
>>> confirmed that qtgamepad/include/QtGamepad/qtgamepadglobal.h is present
>>
>> ah, thanks for the pointer ... importing qt tarballs into git repos is
>> full of surprises: qtgamepad/.gitignore ignores 'include'
>>
>> my usual workflow is to import the qt-everywhere-enterprise-src*.tar
>> tarball into a git repo, as i need to apply 10-40 patches to work around
>> qt bugs. of course .gitignore or .gitmodules files don't exactly make
>> this a no-brainer :/
>
> Which bugs? Can you not upstream the fixes?

most of the fixes were backports or have been merged upstream at one
point, but waiting for the next qt version wasn't an option.
some of the fixes (including some provided by qtcompany or qtsupport)
were rejected because they were not considered 'correct' (though for
some issues an ugly hack is better than a crash of an end-user application).
some of my patches were not adopted as submitted, but the algorithm was
rewritten, but not merged yet.

--

i cannot tell to end-users: "hey, i know this is going to crash, but the
fix hasn't arrived upstream, yet" :)