[Development] Qt QuickLook plugin

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon May 9 08:54:55 CEST 2016

> On May 8, 2016, at 12:47 AM, Samuel Gaist <samuel.gaist at edeltech.ch> wrote:
>

> On 2 mai 2016, at 09:07, Eike Ziller <Eike.Ziller at qt.io> wrote:
>

>>> On May 1, 2016, at 01:47, Jake Petroules <Jake.Petroules at qt.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> That would be pretty awesome. It's possible we could ship it inside of Qt Creator? You can put them in either ~/Library/QuickLook or in $BUNDLE_CONTENTS/Library/QuickLook
>
> Sure thing, that's the direction I was looking for if possible :)
>
> Note that currently it is a really bare bone plugin. If it's made part of Qt Creator, we could maybe implement highlighting using Qt Creator's code model ?
>

>> That made me start wondering why I do see a text preview for .qml files. We do declare these as OSType text in Qt Creator’s Info.plist.
>> So I tried https://codereview.qt-project.org/157721 for .pro, .pri, .qbs and .qrc as well, so far without any effect, but maybe that is because of some fancy OS caching of these values?
>>
>> Br, Eike
>
> Sorry, I currently don't know what may be the cause of this.

The revised patch https://codereview.qt-project.org/157721 makes Quick Look show .pro/.pri/.qbs/.qrc/.ui/.qml/.qdoc/.qdocconf/.creator/.qmlproject files as text.

.qml is already also handled by the Info.plist of qml.app (that’s why it already works there).
I’ll look into adding the same to qmake/rcc/uic/qbs/qdoc, so one doesn’t even need to have Qt Creator installed.

Br, Eike