[Development] Proposing Oliver Wolff as QtANGLE maintainer

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Thu May 12 16:47:26 CEST 2016

+1

Simon
From: Development <development-bounces+simon.hausmann=qt.io at qt-project.org> on behalf of Andrew Knight <andrew.knight at intopalo.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:58:38 PM
To: development at qt-project.org
Subject: [Development] Proposing Oliver Wolff as QtANGLE maintainer

ANGLE is an important third-party library used in Qt for Windows
applications, and keeping the dependency up-to-date over the releases is
an important and challenging task. It involves testing on a sea of
Windows configurations, creating/maintaining patches for Qt, and
upstreaming those to the ANGLE project (part of Chromium).

Until recently, I was the acting maintainer of this dependency. Now,
Oliver Wolff has taken the lead over this part of Qt, upgrading ANGLE
for Qt 5.7, and continuing to dutifully patch it as bugs are uncovered.

Although this is not an official Qt module or platform, I propose Oliver
as the new (Qt) ANGLE maintainer. He deserves a badge of honor for
taking on this often less-than-satisfying, yet crucial, task within the
Qt Project.

Cheers,

Andrew