[Development] QVariant performance

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon May 16 22:31:59 CEST 2016

On segunda-feira, 16 de maio de 2016 18:06:27 PDT Sean Harmer wrote:
> > Uncontended locks in Qt are extremely cheap.
>
> They're better now than they were since Olivier rewrote QReadWriteLock
> recently.

I have a mind to see if a solution inspired by the WTF::Lock solution (see
https://webkit.org/blog/6161/locking-in-webkit/ ) to see if QWaitCondition
performance would improve and if we could get rid of the ugly freelist backing
QMutex on non-futex platforms.

But if I can't get benefit for QWaitCondition, then I won't bother. Platforms
without futex will suffer and people should just get a better OS instead (like
Linux or Windows 8).