[Development] Qt + GCC 6 no joy ?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri May 20 01:00:57 CEST 2016

Em quinta-feira, 19 de maio de 2016, às 21:08:48 PDT, Jürgen Hunold escreveu:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2016, 10:58:24 CEST schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> > On quinta-feira, 19 de maio de 2016 08:59:16 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > Backtrace with debugging symbols, but in release mode, is attached. I'll
> > > try to study the generated code to see if I spot anything.
> >
> > -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks solves this problem. Of course, that
> > doesn't explain where the issue is. I'll debug further later, after I
> > figure out what's wrong with HiDPI -- after all, I can't debug if I can't
> > read the text.
>
> What about reading the gcc release notes?
>
> From https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html

Workaround sent to 5.6.1: https://codereview.qt-project.org/159688

Unfortunately, this issue now has become third priority... in order to debug
it, I need first to...

* debug why Qt applications forget their device pixel ratio status when the
screen is reconnected (reported as QTBUG-53500)

but to do that, I first need to

 * fix Qt Creator to stop storming the X11 server with windows saying that
something crashed (I don't think it was the application being debugged, so it
must have been gdb)

but in order to debug Qt Creator, I need to fix the HiDPI situation so I can
read the text in Qt Creator. So I'm in a deadlock...