[Development] Regression from 5.5.1 to 5.6.0 affecting LyX release

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Fri May 20 07:37:26 CEST 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 02:30:17AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Behavior has changed between Qt 5.5.1 and Qt 5.6.0 and I would like to
> confirm that it is indeed a bug, and also ask if someone can suggest a
> workaround?
>
> The bug report is posted here:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-53272
>
> I posted on qt-interest [1], but did not get any bites and since it is
> related to the development of Qt I'm asking here.
>
> It is affecting our LyX 2.2.0 release so any advice would be
> appreciated.
>
> Scott
>
> [1] http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2016-May/022658.html

The change in behavior was intended. Thanks to Tor Arne Vestbø for the
explanation (see the bug report for details). One of our developers has
come up with a fix that works on Linux/Mac/Win [1] and had the following
comments regarding potential improvements to the documentation:

  I find that https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qkeyevent.html#details
  could be understandable if they added the third paragraph of
  https://codereview.qt-project.org/125142. The lacking documentation
  probably explains this problem.

Best,

Scott