[Development] [Releasing] HEADS UP: Qt 5.7.0 branching ongoing

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Tue May 24 11:23:20 CEST 2016

Now that we have branched, it is important to target the changes one desires to have in Qt 5.7.0 into the 5.7.0 branch (together with the release team). Changes merged into 5.7 branch will be part of 5.7.1 (and Qt 5.8.0 eventually). Similarly, anything needed in Qt 5.6.1 release has to go into the 5.6.1 branch (together with the release team, and getting very late now to make any changes). Things merged now into 5.6 will be released in Qt 5.6.2, 5.7.1 and 5.8.0 as we are always merging bug fixes upwards.

And remember that we are close to the release, no nice-to-have fixes can go in - otherwise we have too high risk of something unexpected happening and miss the planned release time.

Yours,

	Tuukka