[Development] QtWebkit to vcxproj

raven-worx Software info at raven-worx.net
Wed May 25 16:11:00 CEST 2016

Hi,

i am trying to create a vcxproj-Project of the QtWebKit module.
For that i call "qmake -tp vc -r"
This results in error "Project ERROR: Strict subdir dependencies can
only be used with subdirs template"
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-50099)

I can get rid of this error by commenting all lines which call
addStrictSubdirOrderBetween() in the affected .pro files.

So far so good. I now have a solution which contains and successfully
builds most QtWebKit projects.

The only projects i still have issues with are WTF, WebCore and
JavaScriptCore.

WTF
----------------------
Now when i call "qmake -tp vc WTF.pro" it returns without any output
and it seems like it finished successfully. But no project is created
and it silently fails.
Now when i call "qmake -tp vc WTF.pro -o WTF.vcxproj" instead i get
several messages like:
"qtwebkit/Source/WTF/WTF.pri:16: 'use?' is not a recognized test
function" messages

WebCore
---------------------
calling "qmake -tp vc WebCore.pro -o WebCore.vcxproj" results in:

Info: creating cache file
C:\Qt\Qt-5.x-git\qtwebkit\Source\WebCore\WebCore.vcxproj\.qmake.cache

Running configure tests...

Checking for fontconfig... QDir::mkpath: Empty or null file name
C:/Qt/Qt-5.x-git/qtbase/mkspecs/features/configure.prf:68: Cannot
create directory .
Project ERROR: Aborting.

So my question is how can i create "Qt-ified" webkit core projects?

regards.