[Development] Announcing moc_combine

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon May 30 16:26:46 CEST 2016

On segunda-feira, 30 de maio de 2016 10:12:01 BRT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em segunda-feira, 30 de maio de 2016, às 10:19:38 BRT, Marc Mutz escreveu:
> > On Sunday 29 May 2016 18:05:07 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > I've just pushed a feature[1] to moc that makes it process multiple
> > > headers
> > > at  the same time, producing only one output file
> >
> > Separate compilation is not how I would recommend to use moc-generated
> > files. I'd recommend to always include the moc file in the corresponding
> > cpp file. That gives the compiler the whole picture and enables better
> > optimisation[1] and error checking[2,3].
>
> Sorry, I don't buy it. Instead:
> 	qmake -config ltcg

I've just fixed the LTCG build for Clang on Linux. I've been doign LTCG builds
with GCC on Linux for some time too.

See also Jędrzej's patch to share strings in moc[1] and between classes[2].
With both patche sets in, we should have one large string table for all
classes in the library.

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/75147
[2] https://codereview.qt-project.org/75151