[Development] modbus over serial port on windows 7 ?

Dmitry Shapovalov dmitry at 0fe.ru
Tue May 31 11:23:42 CEST 2016

Thanks for reply Ralf. Email more preferable for me.

Can you tell me what type of adapter you are using? Which version of
qtserialport are you using? Maybe my problem is related to the type of
serial port adapter. I tried use arduino with different usb-uart
chips(ch430 and pl2303), but unsuccessfully.

Here is output of qt modbus master example

Запускается
C:\Qt\Examples\Qt-5.6\qtserialbus\serialbus\modbus\build-master-Desktop_Qt_5_6_0_MinGW_32bit-Debug\debug\modbusmaster.exe...
qt.modbus: (RTU client) Sent Serial PDU: 0x0400000001
qt.modbus.lowlevel: (RTU client) Sent Serial ADU: 0x01040000000131ca
qt.modbus: (RTU client) Send failed: 0x0400000001
qt.modbus: (RTU server) QSerialPort error:
QSerialPort::SerialPortError(ResourceError) "Операция ввода/вывода была
прервана из-за завершения потока команд или по запросу приложения."
qt.modbus.lowlevel: (RTU client) Response buffer: "01"
qt.modbus: (RTU client) Modbus ADU not complete
qt.modbus.lowlevel: (RTU client) Response buffer: "0104024c494c06"
qt.modbus: (RTU client) Received ADU: "0104024c494c06"
qt.modbus: (RTU client) Cannot match response with open request, ignoring

Look like it actually sends request, but qtserialport reports error, so
qtserialbus(modbus) ignores response.

> Am Dienstag, 31. Mai 2016, 09:34:19 schrieb Dmitry Shapovalov:
> > Hello,
> > can someone confirm that modbus over serial port is working on windows ?
> I have tested modbus over serial port on windows with two Schneider
> Electric
> PLCs, a Twido and a Premium, both with TCP and RS485. We could evaluate
> your
> problems on IRC if you want.
>

> > all my experiments led me to the thought that it is absolutely broken.
> > i am using arduno as a modbus device. i tested it with qmodbus and modbus
> > poll. works great. but when i try to use modbus examples from
> > qt(qtserialbus/examples/serialbus/modbus/master), look like it can not
> send
> > request.
> > i tried release(5.6) and git version of qtserialbus and qtserialport
> > modules with no luck.
> >
> > i am using windows 7 on virtualbox.
> > arduino modbus library from here
> > https://github.com/smarmengol/Modbus-Master-Slave-for-Arduino