[Development] QCS2016 Session Notes - QUIPs for Qt

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Wed Nov 9 16:01:19 CET 2016

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 04:50:00PM +0100, Louai Al-Khanji wrote:
> +1 for qt/quips, I don't think of it as a web site thing either.

well, i don't want it in qt/ - this is not a generic namespace for stuff
that doesn't fit elsewhere. everything in there *should* be aggregated
by qt5.git (with an accurate status field), or be a submodule of an
aggregated module.

i can offer meta/ as an alternative.
or maybe qtqt/ - that one already exists, but i suspect the objections
will be the same as to www/.

> Kai Koehne wrote:
> > I'd slightly prefer
> >
> > qt/quips
> >
> > because it's not directly related to the website, even if we'll generate an
> > html presentation out of it. We might even consider adding it to qt/qt5.git at
> > one point ...

that makes no sense to me at all. the scope if this is certainly wider
than the qt product itself.