[Development] Problems compiling QtWebEngine in 5.8.0 beta

Harald Vistnes harald.vistnes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:07:36 CET 2016

Thanks for the input.

Creating a file named webcore_generated.HTMLImageElementOrHTMLVideoEle
mentOrHTMLCanvasElementOrBlobOrImageDataOrImageBitmap.obj.rsp in a shallow
folder was no problem.

However, if I try to create it in the folder where it should be generated:
D:\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.8.0-beta\qtwebengine\src\core\Release_x64\obj\src\3rdparty\chromium\third_party\WebKit\Source\core\gen\blink\bindings\core\v8

then Windows pops up an error message:
'Destination Path Too Long
The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder...'

That complete path would be 270 characters, which is longer than the 260
characters maximum.

I've started a new build in a folder with a shorter name than
D:\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.8.0-beta,
so all paths should hopefully be less than 260 characters.

Harald