[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

Marco Bubke Marco.Bubke at qt.io
Sat Nov 19 00:24:15 CET 2016

On November 18, 2016 22:13:03 Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> Em sexta-feira, 18 de novembro de 2016, às 20:37:26 PST, Marc Mutz escreveu:
>> There's no reason for Qt to extend its BC guarantees to other libraries.
>> STL, GSL, Boost, std::exception, you name it. They are outside of Qt's
>> realm and therefore do not fall under the Qt BC rules.
>
> Which is the reason we can't accept them in our ABI. The rules are
> incompatible.

Actually GSL owner is simply definded as as alias to *T,  so you can add it without breaking any ABI or  API.

And I want to remind you it is about QtCreator, which has no guarantees. So it would be nice if you get in context.

Actually it looks like you cannot agree on your assumptions, so it's maybe time to find arguments to provide some agreeable fundamentals. Otherwise I don't see how this discussion can be reach any cooperative level at all.