[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Sat Nov 19 13:07:04 CET 2016

On Saturday 19 November 2016 10:22:18 Иван Комиссаров wrote:
> Maybe we should start another thread about BC?
> I'm not convinced that MacOS is the only system when mixing libc++/stdlib
> makes sence. On linux you can do the same.

As soon as someone explains to me what the material difference is between a)
supporting mixing libc++ and libstdc++ on Unix platforms and b) supporting
mixing release and debug runtimes on Windows, I'm open for discussing the
merits of the former. Until then, I refuse to see a difference between the
two, refuse to accept that we need to support one and not the other, and
suggest to just compile two versions of Qt: libQt5*Foo-libc++.so and
libQt5*Foo-libstdc++.so. If this solves the problem on Windows, someone needs
to explain to me why it's not an option on Unix.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts