[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Sat Nov 19 19:57:57 CET 2016

On Saturday 19 November 2016 14:18:20 Иван Комиссаров wrote:
> Still, we need those guarantees not to rebuild whole KDE packages in linux
> distros each time new Qt version (or new stdlib version if we’ll support
> std:: in API) is released (also, users should reinstall those packages
> too)

You see, this is a perfect example of why we _don't_.

(Some parts of) KF5 use boost and STL in the API (ever since KDE 4 or even 3).
It hasn't been a problem for KDE to keep BC guarantees comparable to what Qt
does. What makes you think that Qt would be any different?

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts