[Development] QCS2016 Session Notes - QUIPs for Qt

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Mon Nov 21 10:47:52 CET 2016

On Sunday 20 November 2016 20:29:01 Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Thiago Macieira
>
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> > Can you remember the list of C++11 features we're allowed to use? We had
> > a discussion on the mailing list.
>
> Going back to this particular point: so should this list go into the
> QUIPs repository, or in qtbase? (The idea of putting it in qtbase was
> to re-use the same branching scheme, so for a given branch you can
> know which features you are allowed to use).

IMHO, we need a QUIP that says where in each Qt module such a file should be
located, what its format is, what the process is to update it, whether it
should be machine-readable (read: run from configure checks), etc.

Neither the wiki, nor the QUIP itself is the place to put the actual lists.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts