[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 23:36:43 CET 2016

On lunes, 21 de noviembre de 2016 20:47:31 ART Marco Bubke wrote:
> So how often do you had a BC break in stdlibc++?

Last time was with gcc5. We've got a nice big [transition] within Debian due
to it. It was related to C++11 stuff, and we've got away precisely because Qt
doesn't expose it.

And quite messy in some concerns too because they did not increase the SONAME
as they should, so the only thing we had is to track which apps/libs got
rebuilt. Normally we can track this with a proper SONAME change.

[transition] the required work to get stuff rebuilt against a lib changing
SONAME (or breaking ABI without changing it) in the whole Debian archive and
let the affected packages migrate to testing in the same go.

  http://www.devtopics.com/best-programming-jokes/

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/