[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Nov 22 00:47:09 CET 2016

On segunda-feira, 21 de novembro de 2016 23:18:08 PST Marco Bubke wrote:
> I strongly agree with Andre'. And is a BC break in the time of flat pack
> that bad? As an user I really looking forward to flat pack,  so I can
> update my heavily used Applications and being not dependent on
> distribution. This package could be much better optimize with LTO and
> profile guided optimization. Maybe sharing everything is not that smart
> anymore.

FlatPaks don't work for Qt.

Reasons:

/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/styles/breeze.so
/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/platformthemes/KDEPlasmaPlatformTheme.so

If you include Qt in your flatpak or equivalent, then your Qt application will
not load the system plugins and will thus not have native look and feel in a
Plasma desktop or in LXQt.

If you don't include Qt or if the included Qt loads plugins, then BC is
required.