[Development] Basing Qt Creator Coding Style on C++ Core Guidelines?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 01:30:28 CET 2016

On lunes, 21 de noviembre de 2016 23:18:08 ART Marco Bubke wrote:
[snip]
> And how many applications are Qt only and use no standard lib anyway? Are
> there any numbers?

Good question, I wonder if there is a way to dig that.

> Yes, sometimes they are inlined but sometimes they are
> not. Is it really a so big burden for you?

Yes, as I described in a previous mail. Thiago got a nice word there:
bottleneck. It's a heck of a bottle neck.

> And what are you doing about
> GTK? To my knowledge their BC is quite limit.

I guess GTK maintainers suffer, specially with the last changes they announced
some time ago about breaking API/ABI (sorry, I don't remember exactly which
one) in some minor releases. Incindentally the first thing we Qt maintainers
though about those changes is how lucky we are to have such a string-minded
upstream that guarantess ABI during the life of a major version.

--
Bebe a bordo (pero con moderación)

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/