[Development] Backporting the "stop unloading plugins" change to 5.6

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Oct 17 13:32:04 CEST 2016

Il 14/10/2016 19:44, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
>> > We are talking in this change about QFactoryLoader, which is a Qt API and
>> > which is ALWAYS used until program exit.
>
> I meant internal Qt API.

... doesn't this sound like a declaration that we're not able to have
internal Qt APIs for Qt plugins that are good enough for having the
plugins clean up after themselves, and be able to be unloaded without
crashing?

Anyhow, I've outlined a plan in my other email.

Cheers,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts