[Development] Qt Network Maintainership Changes

Fredrik de Vibe fredrik.devibe at qt.io
Tue Oct 18 13:03:51 CEST 2016

Hi all,

On 09/06/2016 09:05 PM, Richard Moore wrote:
> As some of you may know, I'm planning to step down as maintainer of Qt
> Network. This is because now that the Qt company has people in a
> position to work on the network stack full time I think it makes much
> more sense for them to be the maintainer - it doesn't mean I'll be
> moving away from working on Qt (in fact I hope it will mean I'll have
> more time to actually get things done as a result). I'd like to nominate
> Timur  as my replacement - he's already spent an inordinate amount of
> time fixing bugs, to say nothing of adding support for HTTP/2 so I'm
> sure things are in good hands.

> On a similar note, I'd like to nominate Jesús Fernández as the
> maintainer of the QtNetworkAuth module - he wrote it after all!

As by now 15 days (and more) have passed since the announcement, it is
now final. Timur is now the maintainer of Qt Network and Jesús is the
maintainer of Qt NetworkAuth. The wiki has been updated.

A big thanks to Rich and Peter for all the work they have put into Qt
Network, their continued contributions are most appreciated!

Cheers,
- Fredrik -