[Development] QtWebChannel: Upstreaming of Python client

Arno Rehn a.rehn at menlosystems.com
Sun Oct 23 15:53:30 CEST 2016

Hey everybody,

At my company we've developed a Python client for QtWebChannel. It
consists of a more or less direct translation of qwebchannel.js and an
additional layer on top of it, providing async/await syntax support for
Python3.5+.
Ideally, we'd like to push this upstream. Before I post a patch to
gerrit, I'd like to get some feedback on whether this is wanted at all.
QtWebChannel seems to be pretty much focused on HTML and the web, but
the infrastructure behind it can be used for remoting from pretty much
any scripting language.
I'd also plan on implementing a C++ client, maybe also Ruby and Matlab
(since we're using this in a scientific setting).

What's your take on this?

Regards,

--
Arno Rehn
Tel +49 89 189 166 0
a.rehn at menlosystems.com
www.menlosystems.com

Menlo Systems GmbH
Am Klopferspitz 19a, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Amtsgericht München HRB 138145
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Mei, Dr. Ronald Holzwarth
USt.-IdNr. DE217772017, St.-Nr. 14316170324