[Development] Compile errors, Qt configured with -qreal float

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Wed Oct 26 10:18:49 CEST 2016

I'm getting compile errors building both Qt 5.6.2 and 5.8 beta from source
when configuring Qt with -qreal float and building using g++ on Linux. The
affected modules are Charts and Location.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56715

I would think that this should be given a higher priority than P3. I
initially reported this for 5.6.2 using a cross compile arm toolchain, but
now I see it also affects 5.8 beta on the desktop.

If -qreal float is a supported configuration, shouldn't this have been
caught in the CI system automatically?

Cheers,
Ola Røer Thorsen