[Development] Coin news

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at qt.io
Thu Oct 27 14:13:59 CEST 2016

On 27/10/2016 14:08, Jędrzej Nowacki wrote:
>> What happened to pinned sync.profile %dependencies? That seems like a
>> much smoother workflow:
>>
>>   1. pin qtbase sha in dependent module
>>   2. update qtbase, changing method in one go
>>   3. update dependent module to use new api, along with an unpin qtbase sha
>>
>> This doesn't split the logical change in qtbase into two just to keep
>> the world building.
>>
>> tor arne
>
> The functionality was semi broken for last two years. So I assumed that nobody
> was using it really. The feature got dropped together with sync.profile
> support. It could be re-activated assuming that it would be worth it.

Hmm, I've been using it with success, but it probably had some rough
edges I didn't notice at the time.

I do think such a way to track dependencies (with the sources, in the
module and branch), with pinning, e.g [1], is a very nice thing to have.

tor arne

[1] http://guides.rubygems.org/patterns/#pessimistic-version-constraint