[Development] Compile errors, Qt configured with -qreal float

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 27 22:49:13 CEST 2016

Sergio Martins wrote:
> The real issue understanding is "why don't users contribute trivial
> changes that they need".
>
> You see it all the time:
>
> - users complaining on a JIRA bug for 2 years instead of submitting a
> one-liner
> - users reporting wiki typo instead of editing wiki
> - users refusing to contribute because "I'm not a Qt developer"
> - users feeling entitled to a warranty
> - users not understanding that the qt-project has different
> responsibilities than TQC
>

> Ofc, this is not about Ola Thorsten, it's about our project and how we
> communicate with users.

There is one main reason for that: the CLA. The high barrier to entry of
Gerrit (need to use some arcane command lines to submit the patch to the
correct place, vs. uploading a patch to a web interface in e.g. ReviewBoard,
or the pull request workflow people are used to nowadays) does not help
either.

(But this is kinda off topic because Ola Thorsten actually submitted the
trivial fixes.)

        Kevin Kofler