[Development] Qt Network Maintainership Changes

Richard Moore rich at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 21:05:26 CEST 2016

Hi All,

As some of you may know, I'm planning to step down as maintainer of Qt
Network. This is because now that the Qt company has people in a position
to work on the network stack full time I think it makes much more sense for
them to be the maintainer - it doesn't mean I'll be moving away from
working on Qt (in fact I hope it will mean I'll have more time to actually
get things done as a result). I'd like to nominate Timur  as my replacement
- he's already spent an inordinate amount of time fixing bugs, to say
nothing of adding support for HTTP/2 so I'm sure things are in good hands.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/owner:%22Timur+Pocheptsov%22,n,z

On a similar note, I'd like to nominate Jesús Fernández as the maintainer
of the QtNetworkAuth module - he wrote it after all!

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/owner:%22Jesus+Fernandez%22,n,z

I plan to continue working on the network code myself too, this is more an
administrative change than anything else.

Cheers

Rich.