[Development] Which changes are suitable for 5.6?

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Wed Sep 7 15:08:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

By simply looking into the amount of changes we have already included to Qt 5.6.1 and what is coming in Qt 5.6.2 you can easily see that it has received a lot of attention.

LTS is about stability. Every change is possible to cause also harm to someone. It is not good to put risk item such as behavior changes or minor bug fixes into the LTS version, as there are prone to break things. There is no absolute right or wrong, so it is very beneficial to discuss these matter in the mailing list. There were also discussions related to this at QtCon.

Yours,

	Tuukka