[Development] Notes on "Qt Build Systems" @ QtCon 2016

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Sep 9 13:42:27 CEST 2016

Bo Thorsen wrote:
> I'm sure there are ways you can make the build call cmake or force a
> build to fail and rebuild, and that's what you can currently do. And
> those all feels annoying when you work on the project.

Well, that's what CMake does by itself whenever it sees that it's needed (or
at least thinks it is), e.g., if you upgraded some dependency. E.g., I've
seen the CMake-produced makefiles auto-rerun CMake on my projects after
upgrading Qt. Thankfully, CMake is so fast (due to being native C++ code)
that it is barely noticeable.

        Kevin Kofler