[Development] which part of the editor's shared files is a Kate from

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon Sep 12 09:46:09 CEST 2016

> On Sep 9, 2016, at 5:35 PM, Ernst Maurer <ernst.maurer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In my qtc-based projects, there is a lot of doxygen.
> Qtc contains a highlighter for doxygen-style comments,
> but no highlighter for doxyfile,
> I've wrote this (a little bit smarter than simple INI format)
> and using this for some time. I'd like to share , probably this can be helpful for someone else.
>
> does qtc store own copy of the highlighters? or check this out from kate editor repository ?

We ship a few ourselves (http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/src/share/3rdparty/generic-highlighter)
and since there already is the one for .dox/.doxygen, I’d say one for doxyfile would be ok to have there too.
They are mostly copies from the original Kate files though, so it would be good to have the doxyfile one in Kate too.
(You can also get the other Kate highlighting files by downloading them in the options > Text Editor > Generic Highlighter.)

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer