[Development] [Qt-creator] [FYI] on gerrit change retargeting requests

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:39:57 CEST 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 12:56 PM, J-P Nurmi <jpnurmi at qt.io> wrote:

> >> yep - because i'm totally going to give everyone full write access to
> >> the database. ;)
> >>
> >> if you make a secure web frontend that authenticates against qt account
> >> and verifies change ownership using the gerrit ssh interface, i'm
> >> totally willing to deploy that. ;)
> >
> > Idea: IRC bot accepting retarget requests, with rate limit e.g. one
> request per minute. Bot runs on host with db access and can do only this
> one thing.
>
> Another idea: patch Gerrit to change the target branch (and create a new
> patchset version to reset scores) when pushing to a different branch.

I have another suggestion, which should be quite easy to implement.

Either extend the sanity bot, or create a new bot, which listens on
gerrit's event stream.

If *the change's owner* (or an approver?) posts a comment reading "Please
retarget <branch>", run your script on the server side. You need some
sanity test that ensures this branch exists etc...

What do you say?

- Orgad