[Development] NSURLConnection backend in 5.6.2

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Tue Sep 13 21:44:35 CEST 2016

On Sep 13, 2016, at 12:32 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:

On terça-feira, 13 de setembro de 2016 18:41:50 PDT Jake Petroules wrote:
They can and have before. Anyways, it doesn't matter. The code was unused,
untested, and was in the way of other things, so its removal is
inconsequential.

Also it caused build failure on tvOS/watchOS.

Are we sure none of our users depended on it?

I'd be blown away if they did and I can't see how there would be a dependency. Also using deprecated APIs is a bad idea for app store compliance. I believe there have been rejections for that in the past.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com<http://intel.com>

Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at qt.io<mailto:jake.petroules at qt.io>
Consulting Services Engineer - The Qt Company
Qbs build tool evangelist - qbs.io<http://qbs.io>