[Development] Boot2Qt Device Utilities module repo

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Wed Sep 14 16:01:23 CEST 2016

> On 14 Sep 2016, at 15:45, Frederik Gladhorn <frederik.gladhorn at qt.io> wrote:
>
> On fredag 9. september 2016 12.04.57 CEST Kimmo Ollila wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are planning to open new Boot2Qt Device Utilities module repository.
>> Qt Device Utilities module allows user manipulate easily various embedded
>> device settings via simple QML APIs.
>>
>> More information can be found at the end of the blog post below:
>> https://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/06/16/qt-5-7-for-device-creation/
>>
>> I also want to propose Teemu Holappa to be the maintainer of Boot2Qt Device
>> Utilities since he is the one who implemented the module.
>
> There was no opposition to this mail, so I'll create qt/qtdeviceutilities in
> gerrit.

Sorry I didn’t notice your post the first time, and also hadn’t gotten around to reading the blog post until now.

But it looks like there is some overlap with the qtsystems module.  Maybe it would be a good time to combine efforts and try to get that module up to snuff instead of starting over?

It’s not the first connman Qt binding either, although that’s not in qtsystems so far.  I’ve been using this https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/libconnman-qt on one personal project.