[Development] Help! configure won't configure on Windows

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 16 04:51:16 CEST 2016

On quinta-feira, 15 de setembro de 2016 18:33:24 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 15 de setembro de 2016 18:22:14 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On quinta-feira, 15 de setembro de 2016 18:16:08 PDT Thiago Macieira
wrote:
> > > Then I'm back at the prompt. There was no configuration. There is no
> > > mkspecs/ qconfig.pri and no mkspecs/qmodule.pri. Trying to compile
> > > produces
> > > error. I can't figure out *what* should be running the configure tests,
> > > where they are called from, much less why nothing is happening.
> >
> > Now this is happening on Linux too:
> Ok, just to be sure, I've nuked EVERYTHING from another build and it also
> happens:

I've reduce this to this commit:

commit 60e5a1c8effd4099f7b1414107b5cbb67c266210
Author: Lars Knoll <lars.knoll at qt.io>
Date:   Thu Aug 25 15:45:44 2016 +0200
Commit:     Lars Knoll <lars.knoll at qt.io>
CommitDate: Sat Sep 10 14:04:01 2016 +0000

    Modularize the new configure system (infrastructure part)
[...]
    Configure is now automatically invoked when building the a project
    tree's "root" project; this works with both modular and top-level builds
    of Qt (the latter with an according change in the super repo). As an
    immediate consequence, the -skip option moves to the super repo with a
    different implementation, as configuration is now done after the repo
    list is determined. The option belongs there anyway.

That other paragraph clued me in: I haven't updated qt5.git in a while. So I
did and I tried to run qmake there:

$ qmake $srcdir

Running configuration tests...
Checking for pkg-config... yes
Checking for gold linker... yes
Build options:
  Mode ................................... release; optimized tools
[...]
  Build parts ............................ libs examples tools

Why is it running qtbase's configure in qt5.git? If that's to be expected, why
is it not obeying the options I passed in configure? I passed -developer-build,
which triggers a debug build. The above is release. I also passed -nomake
examples, so why are examples listed?