[Development] Notes on "Qt Build Systems" @ QtCon 2016

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at ableton.com
Fri Sep 16 11:49:58 CEST 2016

On 16/09/16 03:07, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> Stephen Kelly wrote:
>
>> My previous guess about Qbs being able to generate unknown files in a
>> particular location and then determine them by an 'ls' equivalent, moc
>> them and compile everything is not something Qbs would be able to do.
> I'm having trouble parsing this, but if you mean that your previous guess was wrong, then I can tell you it was not; that's exactly what we do for "blackbox tools".

It is probably less confusing for you in the context of the previous
email I wrote (you didn't respond to that one - I started with "There is
no input file. There is only an input number."). Feel free to go back to
read that one and hopefully respond to it.

>> I'm still interested in a Qbs solution to the code/repo I posted before.
>> A full and preferably working Qbs solution, instead of a snippet, would
>> be good for comparison.
> That's more than I'm willing to invest during my vacation, but I might come back to you later there.

Great, thanks!

--
Ableton AG, Schoenhauser Allee 6-7, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Management Board: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl