[Development] linuxdeployqt

probono probono at puredarwin.org
Fri Sep 16 15:31:30 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I have been working on a deployment tool for Linux, linuxdeployqt,
which I eventually would like to see merged into qttools.git.

linuxdeployqt takes an application and makes it self-contained by
copying in the Qt libraries and plugins that the application uses into
a bundle. While based on macdeployqt it uses an equivalent logic but
other tools.

https://github.com/probonopd/linuxdeployqt/

Known issues: See GitHub Issues. Use with care, run with maximum
verbosity. Watch out for FIXMEs in the code.

This is stil very young, but I'd appreciate your testing, comments,
and (ideally) code review.

Regards,
Simon