[Development] Help! configure won't configure on Windows

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Mon Sep 19 17:03:04 CEST 2016

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 06:12:17PM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 19 de setembro de 2016 00:22:42 PDT Jake Petroules wrote:
> > > It's worked for over 4 years. I may not be the only one doing this.
> > >
> > > Please fix it.
> >
> > I don't see why we should, it seems an illogical workflow to configure qt5
> > and then expect to be able to configure from qtbase...
>
> I don't configure qt5. I have never, ever run configure from there.

running qmake now *is* configure, and it's going to stay this way.

> I configure qtbase and run qmake in the other modules. There's a .pro file in
> qt5.git and it was useful to use it to generate a Makefile to build the other
> modules.

still, this workflow relied on a bug: the possibility to make the build
tree internally inconsistent.

you can hack the project file to not create a super cache and not do the
configuration step. this may actually work for non-prefix builds.
otherwise, you need to build and install each module individually, which
requires a different makefile altogether.

> And, like I said, others may have done the same.

they'll get the same response. all roughly two of them.

> See the discussion on the Coverity issue.

unrelated, as pointed out by others.

> Please fix.

nope