[Development] QCS2016 Session Notes - QUIPs for Qt

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Sep 20 11:18:00 CEST 2016

Louai Al-Khanji wrote:
> QUIPs are a proposed design process for Qt, modeled after Python’s PEPs.
>
> QUIP 1 introduces the general concept:
>
>   http://quips-qt-io.herokuapp.com/quip-0001.html
>
> QUIP 2 details the Qt governance model, it’s simply the current wiki page
> converted into a QUIP:
>
>   http://quips-qt-io.herokuapp.com/quip-0002.html
>
> QUIP 3 is an informational QUIP containing the session notes, which are
> repeated below:
>
>   http://quips-qt-io.herokuapp.com/quip-0003.html
>
> The heroku domain is obviously a placeholder.

In the interests of stability and to complete the Wiki's coverage of
QtCon, I've turned the write-up at the end of your mail into:

https://wiki.qt.io/QUIPs_for_Qt_at_QtCon_2016

I have concocted a crude Template:QUIP for use on the Wiki [*] and used
it in this write-up.  Thus there need only be one place on the Wiki that
needs to change when the QUIPs find their new home.  Just write
{{QUIP|N}} to link to QUIP N.

[*] https://wiki.qt.io/Template:QUIP
If someone with more Wiki-template-foo could please review this, I'm
sure it can be improved; in particular, it uses 000{{{1}}} where clearly
some analogue of formatting {{{1}}} with %03d would be more apt.

	Eddy.