[Development] QCS2016 Session Notes - QUIPs for Qt

Andrew Knight andrew.knight at intopalo.com
Wed Sep 21 12:04:34 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 09/21/16 12:34, Friedemann Kleint wrote:
> Hi,
>
> technically speaking: is using the .rst format set in stone? I find
> this difficult to handle; one needs a local web server to view it
> AFAIK. .md comes to mind as alternative?

We discussed this at QtCon and settled on ReStructured Text because it
results in a cleaner plaintext document (i.e. more document-like, less
markup-like) than markdown. It's also the format PIP uses, but note that
it doesn't necessarily matter: each QUIP can declare its MIME type in
the header.

Anyway, I don't think you need a web server to view the formatted RST
result. Docutils has examples on how to convert to HTML using Python:
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/tools.html#rst2html-py

--
Andrew