[Development] QDataStream: blackbox or document all versions?

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Mon Sep 26 11:34:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm very much in favor of using a proper schema based system such as protocol buffers if we decide

to remove the black box from serialization. They don't appear to be connected, but the moment you

need to deal with changes in the format, the protobuf approach wins IMO. The other advantage is interoperability

with the world outside of Qt.

But this isn't so much a question of what to do, I I think it's more of a question of man power. Until then I'm in favor

of QDataStream remaining a black box.

Simon