[Development] First Qt 5.8.0 Beta snapshot available

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Mon Sep 26 14:18:49 CEST 2016

Da: Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io>
A: development at qt-project.org
Inviato: Lunedì 26 Settembre 2016 11:38
Oggetto: Re: [Development] First Qt 5.8.0 Beta snapshot available

>> On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 10:01:36AM +0000, Massimo Callegari via Development wrote:
>> macx:QT_CONFIG -= no-pkg-config
>> CONFIG      += link_pkgconfig
>> PKGCONFIG   += sndfile
>>
> Has been working on every 5.x release, but not on 5.8.0.
>>
> yes, the mechanism has changed. QT_CONFIG was never a user-writable
> variable, so you can't really complain.

Sorry if I gave you the impression of being complaining, but I'm not.
I only reported an issue that I experienced and I am looking for a solution to it.
After all, isn't it what alphas and betas are for ?

By the way I changed QT_CONFIG because of this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16972066/using-pkg-config-with-qt-creator-qmake-on-mac-osx

> why didn't you just make the CONFIG addition conditional?

Because it doesn't hurt the other 4 platforms I'm building on and by the way even if I did, it doesn't solve the pkg-config problem of 5.8.0 on MacOS.

Anyway I created QTBUG-56164 so let's please discuss there in case