[Development] Behaviour change in QML in Qt 5.8 regarding null

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 27 17:04:56 CEST 2016

On terça-feira, 27 de setembro de 2016 11:25:49 PDT Simon Hausmann wrote:
> That is exactly the part I'm referring to. Receiving a QVariant from the QML
> engine and relying on it to contain a specific type.

Well, I would say it's acceptable that the QVariant contain different numeric
types as the engine changes. Maybe you originally only had double and now you
have double and int. That would be an acceptable behaviour change.

Changing from void* to nullptr is unexpected, but it does fall into the same
bucket. The problem is that you can't write code to adapt to it without
#ifdef, so there's no way to write forward compatibility.

Can we compromise and you delay this change for one release?