[Development] Module maintainers: action required (Coin migrates from sync.profile to .gitmodules on 28.09.2016)

Jedrzej Nowacki Jedrzej.Nowacki at qt.io
Wed Sep 28 13:34:54 CEST 2016

Good news everyone!

The deployment was success and we can wait for fireworks. I'm sure there will be some. So if something doesn't compile now, because of an invalid dependency look to .gitmodules in the right qt5 branch and fix it. Integrations may fail also because of invalid intermodule dependencies, we compile every module against modules from the latest successful qt5 integration of the same  branch, which means that we use combination of sha1 that up to now was not really tested, so fix it. It should be a temporary problem.

QtBase is not affected, by the change.

At this point I would like to remind everyone importance of Qt5 submodule updates. Breakages there are P0 for the project even in dev branch! They affect not only packages and release but now also our day to day development process.

Cheers,
  Jędrek