[Development] QList

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Sat Apr 1 01:19:07 CEST 2017

On 2017-03-31 22:27, André Pönitz wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:56:53AM +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:
>> On Friday 31 March 2017 09:43:18 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>> > 31.03.2017, 10:38, "Marc Mutz" <marc.mutz at kdab.com>:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > Each Qt release is shipped with documentation.
>>
>> That doesn't help if you develop software that's supposed to be
>> compatible with multiple Qt versions. Even if you install all Qt
>> releases, the fact that you have separate documents per version makes
>> finding past changes very hard.
>>
>> > Also, there is \since.
>>
>> But no \until. I try to put this in the docs, and sometimes I
>> succeeded, but I've also been -1ed for trying already.
>
> Funnily enough I never caught you trying that.
>
> But sure, removing convenience from Qt by itself is -1-worthy,
> as is trying to set up infrastructure to allow that.

I - honestly - have not idea what you're talking about _now_.

Mentioning that QSharedPointer::create() in the past took only one or
even zero arguments when now it's taking by variadic template is
"removing convenience from Qt"? Hu? What kind of twisted logic led you
to write that remark?

Thanks,
Marc