[Development] QList

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Apr 3 10:40:38 CEST 2017

Il 03/04/2017 04:59, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
>> 2) Suppose we add right now a match(QStringView) overload, should it
>> still return a QRegularExpressionMatch or a new class with similar API?
>> If it still returns a QREM, what would QREM::capturedRef(N) then return
>> for a match over a string view?
> Anything that takes a QStringView and needs to store should store a QString,
> not a QStringView. So if it needs to make a copy, so be it.

If that's the intention, I'd rather not add a match(QStringView)
overload at all and move the burden of taking a copy to the user, so at
least it's evident that there's a deep copy happening there.

Cheers,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts