[Development] Does anyone know anything about QPolygon or QPainterPath? (QTBUG-60024)

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Mon Apr 10 02:52:35 CEST 2017

On 10 April 2017 at 05:19, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-60024
>
> All the commits in qpolygon.cpp or qpainterpath.cpp in the last 6 years are
> either doc updates, licence updates, or simple fixes (remove "register", make
> constructors explicit, etc.).
>
> This bug is about intersected(), but I have absolutely no clue about its
> implementation.

Hi,

The only thing that I know about QPainterPath, QPolygonF and co, is
that you should *never ever* use them to do geometry work. They simply
don't work. I use QPainterPath and QPolygonF only for _rendering_
geometries.

When it comes to manipulating geometry (predicates or construction),
one is better off using Boost.Geometry, CGAL or the likes.

Chris