[Development] Focusing bug fixes to 5.9 branch and patch releases during H1/17

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Tue Apr 11 09:30:51 CEST 2017

On Tuesday 11 April 2017 07:49:28 Tuukka Turunen wrote:
> There has been a lot of discussion about this in the mailing lists, I think
> the two ones below sum it up quite well.

They sum up *your* POV well. But up to a few weeks ago, more fixes went into
5.8 QtBase than changes into 5.9, even though TQC personell was asked to
ignore 5.8.

You can close 5.8 on all other modules, if you wish, but I'd ask to keep it
open on QtBase, which has a lively development going on in 5.8 to this day.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts